(or trainee with manufacturing/engineering experience)
Salary: £10.50 per hour – £15.50 per hour, dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced Press Setter/Operator or Trainee (with manufacturing/engineering experience). The Press Setter/Operator’s main focus will be the setting of a number High Speed Presses, and manufacturing parts, to ensure customer needs are met.
Duties will include:
Work in a supported learning environment, to develop the skills and knowledge in manufacturing, including Press Shop, Production, Coiling, Wire Forming, Multi-Slides and Tool Room.
- Set presses and associated equipment; High Speed Power Presses (Mabu/Bruderer predominately, ranging from 6T to 130T, up to stroke rates of 450spm), using programming software, mainly Unidor and Bruderer bespoke control software.
- Collect and return materials (if training allows) required for manufacture from Stores areas, ensuring all material bookings are completed as required, and housekeeping levels maintained in associated areas.
- The maintenance and house-keeping of press shop machinery, tooling and equipment and surrounding/associated areas, including the requesting of maintenance work on tools/equipment.
- Complete first off/last off inspection reports and other quality documents, as required.
- Ensure that all necessary inspection equipment is utilised and returned to storage if appropriate after use.
- Complete production/manufacturing documentation, work records, reporting of quantities and set/run times on the appropriate IT system (where training allows) as required and directed.
Qualifications And Experience
There is no requirement for previous experience as full training will be given. The ideal candidate will be; capable of maintaining focus whilst engaged in repetitive tasks, able to undertake light to moderate physical (upper body) tasks, keen to work in an engineering environment, and able to follow instructions accurately.
About European Springs & Pressings
European Springs and Pressings Ltd are leading experts in the field of spring manufacturing and high speed press technology. We’re dedicated to providing our clients with the best springs and pressings as Europe’s leading spring manufacturers and spring suppliers, and our products are used in major industrial environments all over the world.