Work for European Springs - Jobs / Vacancies - Croydon, Beckenham, South East London
We currently have the following job opportunities available, to apply, please use the automated form opposite or send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Process Improvement Engineer, Development Engineers and Tool Room Manager - Job Descriptions Below:
Process Improvement Engineer, Development Engineers
An exciting opportunity has arisen within this leading
manufacturing company for both Process Improvement and Development Engineers to join its expanding operation.
Reporting to the Senior Management Team, we are
looking for graduate engineers to work with the area managers to assist in the improvement of existing processes and ensure the timely and successful introduction of new projects. Both roles require the need to identify new process improvement opportunities in the areas of performance, cost and quality. This is a role for engineers with an interest in both process and education, mentoring and facilitating a bottom-up programme of process improvement and new product introduction within the manufacturing team.
These are new positions in the company, and will involve the successful candidates in the development of the roles. The
following is a typical, but not exhaustive, list of the responsibilities of the roles and is open to development for the right individuals:
· Assist in developing and implementing process improvements to meet business goals.
· Ensure the on time delivery of new products, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
· Evaluate and analyse current process metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements.
· Develop process improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity.
· Analyse and identify opportunities to reduce process variation, improve process capabilities and optimize process
· Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results.
· Provide support and guidance to team when needed.
· Provide education and training on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
· Develop standard procedures and policies to be followed by manufacturing staff.
· Work with various teams to reduce process and business variations, developing a bottom-up programme of continuous
· Assist Managers in management of capital projects.
· Prepare project presentations for management when needed.
· Review and update business procedures and documents based on project requirements. Monitor process performance and improvements in key metrics.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging environment within a growing Company. You will be able to demonstrate a passion to become a world class manufacturer. You will have manufacturing or process/production engineering skills with the ability to embrace continuous improvement techniques to drive wide-ranging change. Ideally, you will be an enthusiastic, qualified engineer with a good hands-on attitude and a love of manufacturing. You will use education and a thirst for
continual personal development, to carve out a career in a long-established organisation. Underpinning knowledge is
critical, but this role would ideally suit a newly-graduated individual looking for an opportunity to put their education to good use.
The successful candidate will ideally have
· Project Management and/or New Product Introduction
· Continuous improvement tools and techniques.
· Previous experience/placement in a manufacturing company.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to absorb and analyse new ideas and information.
· Ability to work effectively with different teams.
· Ability to interact confidently and persuasively within all levels of the organisation.
· Ability to develop own and others knowledge as necessary.
This is a permanent, full time role. 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Salary range: £25,000 - £45,000 dependent on
Tool Room Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen within this leading manufacturing company for the appointment of a Toolroom Manager to join its expanding operations.
The role is to pull together a team of experienced and highly skilled Toolmakers, who are involved in the design, development, manufacture and maintenance of an
extensive range of forming and pressing tools.
The team needs to deliver solutions using constantly evolving best practice techniques under strict timescales, managing the supply of new tools and improvements/maintenance of existing tools in line with customer expectations. Close liaison with the
press shop, technical management and the sales team is critical to success of both the company and the individual on both new and existing projects. In addition, European Springs are committed to the education and training of Junior Toolmakers and Apprentices, so ability to support and mentor less experienced staff is required.
You will need to have 'hands on' toolmaking experience, preferably within a high speed progression tool environment, and be able to marry your own knowledge and skills with those of the team around you. Key to success in this role is an ability to both motivate and direct staff, developing a 'best practice' framework in conjunction with Senior Technical Management. You need to have oversight of the whole department, ensuring that the tools leaving the area are suitable for use, whilst working closely with production management to ensure
that tool performance is optimised. Ideally with experience of Toolroom management or supervision, you will need to develop
a style that encourages freedom of individual action, with a strict focus on the achieving of challenging deadlines.
Flexibility of thought and action is key to this.
This is a permanent, full time roll. 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Salary range: £35,000 - £45,000 dependent on